The Host Dashboard allows you to edit your reservation inventory and close your waitlist on days that you'll be closed early or an entire day for special occasions.
We recommend using the custom description in the reservation inventory tool and within the waitlist blocking tool to announce special holiday hours and provide your guests with clarity.
- Closing a day - Blocking both Waitlist and Reservations
- Blocking Reservation Inventory
- Blocking The Waitlist
Closing a day - Blocking both Waitlist and Reservations
If you're closing for a period of time you can use the "Block shifts" button within the Shifts Tool to block your waitlist and all of your reservation inventory for the day.
To block a day without deleting your shift:
- Click on "Block shifts"
- Select the date you want to close
- Add a message for your guests.
Example:"We'll be closed on 11/24/22 in observance of Thanksgiving"
- Click "Block" to save the changes.
To block Waitlist or Reservations separately, see the steps below:
Blocking Reservation Time Slots
Blocking reservations gives you the power to turn reservations on and off.
To block a reservation:
- Click the reservation time slot you wish to block a guest from selecting. You can block multiple reservation slots at once.
- Once selected, click "Block" in the bottom middle of the screen (second icon).
- Blocking only applies to the time slots selected and is not a permanent solution for removing available reservations in the future. If you would like to permanently remove inventory (bookable time slots), we recommend deleting (seeDeleting Reservation Time Slots above).
Blocking The Waitlist
- Access the web Dashboard at https://app.getwisely.com/
- Click the arrow next to your concept's name and open your Settings & Configurationpage.
- Select Host > Waitlist & Reservations
- Click the Create a Blockbutton
- Select a date, time range, locations, and a message you want your guests to see when trying to access your form. You can also block the whole day by leaving the 'all day' box checked.
- Click Save to submit your block
- You can edit or delete a waitlist block after it is created by hovering over the block and clicking the pencil or trashcan icon.
- If you utilize the Google waitlist feature, this message will appear if your restaurant is open and the waitlist is currently blocked: